Please see below for our Waxing Frequently Asked Questions
Your first wax
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, but you must have at least 3-4 weeks worth of hair growth for your first wax. Your first wax may only last three weeks and you may notice your hair growing even sooner then that. This is because your hair grows in cycles, but with each wax you will notice your hair will grow in much finer and slower allowing more time in between waxes.
Benefits of waxing
There are many benefits to waxing versus other forms of hair removal.
- Waxing is an effective method to remove large amounts of hair at one time.
- Waxing is a long-lasting hair removal method.
- When hair is shaved or removed by depilatory cream, the hair is removed at the surface rather than the root. Within a few days, the hair can be seen at the surface. With these methods, hair tends to grow back in a rough stubble.
- Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit re-growth that is softer.
- Waxing is quick, convenient and inexpensive.
Before waxing advice
Before Waxing Advice: (24 hours before the waxing treatment)
- Make sure the hair to be waxed is at least a quarter of an inch long so the wax can grip it. But make sure it’s not too long – waxing long hair is more uncomfortable and can lead to breakage instead of complete removal.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and sugar for at least two hours prior to treatment as these can increase your sensitivity to waxing.
- If you have time prior to your appointment, please have a warm shower to open the skin pores up a little. Do not have a very hot bath or shower before or after the treatment, as too much heat on sensitive areas can lead to soreness.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or moisturising creams on the day of your appointment as they form an oily barrier which inhibits the grip of the wax, and more tries with the wax strips will be required.
Waxing aftercare advice
Waxing Aftercare Advice: (up to 24 hours after the waxing treatment)
- Avoid saunas or swimming.
- Use only the after wax lotions recommended.
- Do not wear tights or tight clothing following a leg wax.
- Avoid sun or UV exposure.
- Do not apply perfume or make up to waxed areas.
- Do not apply fake tan.
- Avoid taking hot showers or baths.
- Do not apply deodorant after underarm wax.
- For best results do not shave between waxes.
Do you offer waxing for both male and female customers?
Yes, Lagoon Wimbledon offers waxing treatments to all genders.
Our salon pricelist displays the types of waxing performed by Lagoon and the treatment prices. However, please note: for male customers the salon offers upper body waxing only and does not perform male intimate waxing.
What are your treatment charges for waxing?
Lagoon Wimbledon offers affordable treatment prices for waxing, which are competitive for the Wimbledon area and the high standard of waxing service provided.
Does waxing hurt?
No, some areas of the body are more sensitive than others and there maybe some slight discomfort when waxing. However, with Lagoon's experienced team of beauty therapists, the discomfort will be minimal. As a salon policy quality hot wax is used for bikini waxing, including Brazilian waxing and Hollywood waxing. Hot wax is designed to remove short hairs and is more comfortable for sensitive areas such as underarms, eyebrow shaping and bikini.
What are the Lagoon opening hours?
Lagoon Wimbledon is open 6 days a week. From Monday to Friday the opening hours are 10am to 7pm and on Saturday 9am to 6 pm. Lagoon is closed on Sundays.
Appointments can be made by contacting Lagoon direct (see Contact Us page) on Tel. 020 8947 2332 or email to email@example.com
Or using the Lagoon Wimbledon online appointment booking platform.