Please see below for our Waxing Frequently Asked Questions
What are your service hours?
Lagoon Spa is open for 7 days. From Monday to Friday the timings are 10 am to 7 pm. On weekends, Saturday 9 am – 6 pm & Sunday 11 am – 5 pm.
Does your waxing hurt?
No, this is the specialty of Lagoon Spa that our beauty experts will offer you clean and painless waxing. You will definitely want to visit us again!
What are your service charges for wax?
Lagoon Spa has affordable waxing prices for unisex. You can also enjoy special coupons and promotional offers. Our charges range from £10-£50.
Do you do unisex wax in your spa?
Yes, Lagoon Spa has the smooth waxing services for men and women. Visit us & make your skin hair-free and attractive.
Does It Hurt?
Some areas are more sensitive than others and there maybe some slight discomfort, but with Lagoon's experienced team of beauty therapists, the discomfort will be minimal.
After Wax Advice: (up to 24 hours after the waxing treatment)
- Avoid saunas or swimming.
- Use only the afterwax lotions recommended.
- Do not wear tights or tight clothing following a leg wax.
- Avoid sun or UV exposure.
- Do not apply fake tan.
- Do not apply deoderant after underarm wax.
- Do not apply perfume or make up to waxed areas.
- Avoid hot showers/baths.
- For best results do not shave between waxes.
Your First Wax
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, but you must have at least 3-4 weeks worth of hair growth for your first wax. Your first wax may only last three weeks and you may notice your hair growing even sooner then that. This is because your hair grows in cycles, but with each wax you will notice your hair will grow in much finer and slower allowing more time in between waxes.
Before Waxing Advice
- Make sure the hair to be waxed is at least a quarter of an inch long so the wax can grip it. But make sure it’s not too long – waxing long hair is more uncomfortable and can lead to breakage instead of complete removal.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and sugar for at least two hours prior to treatment as these can increase your sensitivity to waxing.
- If you have time prior to your appointment, please have a warm shower to open the skin pores up a little. Do not have a very hot bath or shower before or after the treatment, as too much heat on sensitive areas can lead to soreness.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or moisturising creams on the day of your appointment as they form an oily barrier which inhibits the grip of the wax, and more tries with the wax strips will be required.
Benefits of Waxing
There are many benefits to waxing versus other forms of hair removal.
- Waxing is an effective method to remove large amounts of hair at one time.
- Waxing is a long-lasting hair removal method.
- When hair is shaved or removed by depilatory cream, the hair is removed at the surface rather than the root. Within a few days, the hair can be seen at the surface. With these methods, hair tends to grow back in a rough stubble.
- Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit re-growth that is softer.
- Waxing is quick, convenient and inexpensive