Eyelash lift and tint treatments are perfect for anyone wishing to improve the appearance of their natural lashes. Making them visually appear longer and fuller, to give you a flattering and feminine look.
So, say goodbye to your pin-straight eyelashes and your eyelash curler. Book an eyelash lift appointment with Lagoon Wimbledon and hello to beautifully curled stunning lashes.
What is an Eyelash Lift and Tint?
Eyelash lift and tint combines two separate beauty treatment processes, both designed to give you beautiful, flattering lashes for several weeks. The lash lift (also known as an eyelash perm) mimics the effect of an eyelash curler. Bending your lashes upwards to make them look longer and more open.
An eyelash tint dyes your lashes to make them look darker, fuller and more noticeable. The visual effect is similar to applying coats of mascara. However, the eyelash tint treatment is low maintenance and lasts several weeks. It’s particularly striking on those with naturally blonde or red lashes.
Who would benefit from an Eyelash Lift and Tint?
An eyelash lift treatment lifts lashes that grow straight or downwards. Therefore, the beauty treatment is recommended for:
- People wanting to improve the attractiveness of their eyes and make their natural lashes more noticeable.
- Anyone with criss-crossing lashes.
- Those with long and rigid lashes, to make them more manageable and softer.
- Clients wishing to take a break from regularly having eyelash extensions.
- Those looking for a high impact, but low maintenance option.
- Clients allergic to eyelash extensions, but still want beautiful lashes.
How long does a Lash Lift and Tint Last?
A lash lift lasts between 5-7 weeks, but this is dependent upon your natural lash growth cycle (which varies from person to person). Unlike eyelash extensions, you do not need a regular maintenance appointment. For eyelash perming / lift the treatment process needs to be repeated every 5-7 weeks to curl your newly grown lashes. A minimum of 4 weeks must elapse between treatments to protect the health of your natural lashes.
External factors can weaken the lash lift and cause premature droppage of your lash curvature. Items of note include heat (such as in a sauna), regular swimming or the use of harsh cosmetic products. If your lash lift has prematurely dropped, it’s probably down to these reasons.
An eyelash tint typically lasts between 3-4 weeks. As your natural eyelashes fall out and are replaced by new eyelash growth, your lashes will start to look lighter in colour.
An eyelash lift is usually a low maintenance treatment. However, it is important to take extra care in the first 1 or 2 days after the treatment.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours, avoiding water and steam. As with any perming treatment, exposure to moisture and/or humidity straight afterward can ruin the result.
- Do not use make-up or make-up remover on your eyes for the first 24 hours.
- Don’t rub your lashes. Being careful improves the lifespan of lift!
- Avoid using a sauna for first 24 hours after the treatment. You can use sauna or steam after 24 hours. However, please note this may weaken the effect of the lift and cause premature drop. For longer-lasting results avoid heat and humidity.
- Avoiding using harsh cosmetic products on your eyes and/or eyelashes.
- Avoid using waterproof mascara.
- Do not go swimming during the first 24 hours after the eyelash lift. NB: regular swimming after the first 24 hours may weaken the effect of your lash lift.
- Don’t have a facial appointment in first 24 hours.
Eyelash Lift FAQs
Is a patch test required?
Yes, a patch test is required for new clients having either a eyelash lift and/or tint treatment at Lagoon. This is for customer safety reasons and to ensure that you do not have an allergy to the eyelash lift or tinting product(s) used.
A minimum period of 48 hours must elapse between the patch test and eyelash lift treatment.
A minimum period of 24 hours must elapse between the patch test and tinting treatment.
Patch tests are free of charge and take approximately 2-3 minutes. No advance appointment is required.
How long does an eyelash lift and tint take?
An eyelash lift appointment usually takes 40 minutes to an hour. If you have your eyelashes tinted at the same time (highly recommended as it certainly enhances the effect of your lash lift), it may take another 10-15 minutes.
Eyelash Lift Prices
Eyelash Perm & Tint