When it comes to waxing, Lagoon Wimbledon can confidently say that we are amongst the best waxing salons in London. Our company ethos is to provide quality treatments by trained professional therapists in a clean, hygienic salon environment.
We pride ourselves in providing a consistently high standard of waxing that is quick, efficient and comfortable for the client. All Lagoon's waxing specialists are female and are trained to a high standard, with additional in-house training undertaken to ensure our therapists match Lagoon’s standard for waxing. Rather than the standard which may be considered acceptable at the average salon.
Whilst our waxing is quick and efficiently performed, the focus is on quality rather than speed. Lagoon Wimbledon has significant numbers of loyal waxing clients who have used the salon for years. With most rating our waxing services as great value for money.
What is Waxing?
Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hairs will not grow back in the previously waxed area for two to six weeks (depending upon your hair growth cycle and how frequently you wax). Waxing is accomplished by spreading wax over the skin. A waxing paper strip is then pressed on the top (for strip wax) and pulled off with a quick movement against the direction of hair growth. This removes the wax along with the hair.
For hot wax, the wax is thicker and applied to the skin in smaller patches. The hot wax is removed without using paper strips and is ideal for sensitive parts of the body. For the waxing of intimate areas such as High Bikini, Brazilian and Hollywood waxing, Lagoon uses hot wax, as this waxing method is considerably more comfortable for the client.
What Waxing Treatments does Lagoon Offer?
Lagoon beauty salon in Wimbledon SW19 London offers an extensive range of waxing services including the following types of waxing - facial waxing (eyebrow shaping, lip & chin wax etc); leg waxing, arm & underarm wax and bikini waxing (inc. Hollywood & Brazilian wax).
For male clients, we offer upper body waxing only, including chest, stomach and back waxing. A back and shoulder wax is the treatment of choice for most men. Please note, Lagoon does not offer intimate waxing for male clients.
Waxing Aftercare Advice
After waxing some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first-time waxing. These symptoms should subside over the next 24 - 48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lagoon for advice.
The aftercare guidelines below should be followed to ensure your skin is cared for properly between waxing appointments.
First 24 hours after waxing:
Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction. This means:
- Use cool to lukewarm water for showers. No hot baths or hot showers.
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- Avoid exercise which will make you sweat, i.e. gym work or jogging.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- Avoid touching or scratching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothes after waxing.
- Avoid swimming.
- Take care with cosmetic products. Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the newly waxed area. Instead use after wax products recommended by your waxing therapist.
General waxing aftercare advice
- Exfoliate to prevent ingrowing hairs. Starting a few days after your waxing appointment and repeat twice a week, exfoliate the skin in the areas you have had waxed.
Lagoon stocks No Bump Scrub, No Bump Solution and Lycon Ingrown-X-It Solution, which are all recommended products for the prevention of ingrowing hairs.
- Wax regularly. To maintain a smooth appearance, Lagoon recommends waxing every 4-6 weeks. Regular waxing weakens the hair follicle and overtime reduces hair regrowth. Making waxing more comfortable if you wax regularly. It also standardises your hair growth cycle to provide longer lasting waxing results. NB: After your first wax, you may notice a small amount of regrowth after 7-10 days. It can take up to 4 waxing treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that provides best results.
- Do not shave between your waxing appointments. This will undo your previous the good work of getting your hair growth in a pattern for best waxing results.
- Do not over exfoliate or being too rough as this can graze the skin.
- Moisturise every day to keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally. NB: Do not moisturise in the first 24 hours after waxing.
Waxing Aftercare Products to Buy
Lagoon Wimbledon stocks a range of waxing aftercare products. To help prevent ingrowing hairs we recommend GiGi No Bump Scrub, GiGi No Bump Solution and Lycon Ingrown-X-It Solution.
All of these waxing aftercare products can be purchased via Lagoon's online shop (for Click & Collect instore pick-up or for Delivery). Alternatively, they can also be purchased in person from the Lagoon Wimbledon salon.
Waxing advice for before your next appointment
- Hair Length. Make sure the hair to be waxed is at least 4mm in length for strip wax (e.g. for legs, arms, back, buttocks, stomach). For the bikini area and underarms, hot wax is used by Lagoon and your hair must be at least 2mm in length.
However, make sure the hair is not too long – waxing long hair is more uncomfortable and can lead to breakage instead of complete removal.
- Personal hygiene. Out of respect for your waxing therapist please ensure you are clean and presentable when attending your waxing appointment.
- Shower: If you have time prior to your appointment, please have a warm shower to open the skin pores up a little. Do not have a very hot bath or shower before or after the treatment, as too much heat on sensitive areas can lead to soreness.
- Do not go swimming or use a sauna in the 24 hours before a waxing appointment.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or moisturising creams on the day of your appointment as they form an oily barrier which inhibits the grip of the wax.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and sugar for at least two hours prior to treatment as these can increase your sensitivity to waxing.
Further detail of our waxing services and prices are contained in the links at the bottom of this page. Waxing appointments can be made by phoning Lagoon on 020 8947 2332 or booking online.